If ductless HVAC isn’t a household term for you yet, you’re not alone. But if you’re considering new HVAC work on your house, it should definitely be on your radar. These advanced small-unit systems provide outstanding performance in a lightweight package.
Here at Aspire Heating & Cooling, we’re big fans of ductless HVAC units because they’re efficient, flexible, and low-profile. That’s why our technicians are experts at installing and servicing them. Curious yet? Let’s check out why these little units pack such a big punch.
An Introduction to Ductless HVAC
Ductless heating and cooling systems are networks of compact single-room units similar to window A/C. The ENERGY STAR program offers some information about how these systems work:
- Installers mount units on walls in your home. You control them via remote control or smartphone/tablet app.
- Conduits run through walls and connect the units to an outside heat pump, which runs both heating and A/C.
- One heat pump can power up to eight indoor units, which can each maintain an individual temperature.
Homeowners in Europe and Asia have used these systems for decades, and they’re now making their way to the U.S. They offer three big advantages over traditional HVAC units.
- An ENERGY STAR-certified ductless system can use up to 30% less energy for A/C than a traditional duct system. For heat, it can be as much as 60% less.
- Never get up to change the thermostat again — it’s easy to control from any WiFi-enabled device.
- Automatic temperature control detects fluctuations and adjusts accordingly to keep your individual rooms in total comfort.
- If you only occasionally need to heat or cool a room (guest rooms, man caves), ductless units are ideal. When you don’t need it, just turn it off.
- Small, independent heating/cooling units offer superior temperature zone creation options than large, interconnected duct systems.
- Smart ductless systems include programming options like timers and automatic shut-off to give homeowners advanced flexibility.
- Ductless units usually require only a three-inch hole in the wall for a conduit and little else.
- They’re ideal for old houses without ductwork, small apartment units, “granny flats,” and other places where installing ductwork is impractical.
- Although the units might seem bulky at first, most homeowners report that they soon forget they’re even there.
- Aspire’s expert technicians can install most ductless HVAC systems in a day or less.
Ductless HVAC isn’t right for every home. For some homeowners, central heating and air remain the most efficient and comfortable solution. But there’s one easy way to find out — call Aspire Heating & Cooling. We can give you a free consultation and quote.
Aspire is the greater Winston-Salem area’s premier locally-owned and operated HVAC company. We employ NATE-certified technicians, and repair and service existing ductless systems as well. Start now by calling 336-750-6895. Experience the comfort and efficiency that a ductless system can provide for your home.