An AC blowing warm air is a major inconvenience for your family that no one wants to experience. Also, if you’re in the middle of a heat wave, it can even be dangerous. That means it’s important to quickly determine the cause of the problem. Some of these can be addressed by anyone with a little knowledge of their home’s HVAC systems.
For others, you’ll need to call a licensed HVAC company with professional knowledge and tools. That’s where Aspire Heating & Cooling comes in.
Potential Causes of an AC Blowing Warm Air
There are many potential causes of warm air coming from your AC unit. A few you can fix yourself, and many you can’t. In this section, we’ll discuss several of the more common ones:
- Fan Set to “On”: It could be as easy as checking the settings on your thermostat. If your fan is set to “On,” then the fan continually blows air regardless of if it’s not cooling. Set the fan to “Auto” to make sure it’s blowing only cool air.
- Leaking Refrigerant: Refrigerant is the liquid that absorbs heat from the air, allowing your AC to cool your home. Signs of a leak include a frozen refrigerant line (look at your outside unit) or a bubbling, hissing sound. You’ll need a qualified technician to fix this.
- Clogged Air Filter: Air filters can easily become clogged with dirt and grime, preventing the AC from working correctly. Check your filter monthly (or more!) and get a new one if necessary.
- Tripped Breaker: If your AC’s outside unit has tripped the breaker, it won’t cool the air coming through the inside unit. Check and reset the breaker. If it trips again, do not keep trying. Call Aspire and get our qualified professionals to help.
These are just a handful of the many causes for an AC unit blowing warm air. The common factor is most can’t be fixed by the average homeowner. You need the professionals the Triad trusts!
It’s Time to Call Aspire
If your AC isn’t acting right — stay cool! Aspire Heating & Cooling should be your first call if an AC blowing warm air is giving you problems. We’re dedicated to providing the top HVAC service experience in the Triad.
- After-hours service now available for all clients
- Tune-up plans to keep your system in top shape
- Honest pricing and detailed, itemized invoices so you know what you’re paying for
- Flexible financing to suit your financial needs
Call us at 336-281-0047 to talk to a technician today, or contact us through our easy online form.